In San Gabriel Valley lies Pasadena, so-called City of Roses, regional cultural powerhouse, and once rated as one of the country’s most charming small towns. Arts and sports collide here, resulting in two of Los Angeles County’s highly anticipated annual events, but over the years, Pasadena has also established itself as a scientific and educational hub. It seems like there isn’t anything Pasadena, a city of over 23 sq. mi., can’t do.
What you will love about Pasadena:
- There are plenty of things to do in Pasadena, but it helps that Downtown Los Angeles’ thrills are only less than 20 minutes away via CA-110.
- With the San Gabriel Mountains just outside Pasadena, endless recreational opportunities await. Notable public spaces in and around the city include the Angeles National Forest, Hahamongna Watershed Park, and the gardens at The Huntington.
- Pasadena is for lovers of art, history, and architecture. There are 16 historic districts to explore that cement Pasadena’s reputation as a cultural mecca. As you plan your itinerary, don’t forget to include the Pasadena Museum of History, the Gamble House, The Huntington Library and Art Museum, and last but not the least, the Norton Simon Museum.
- Did you know that Pasadena has more restaurants per capita than New York City? Some of the best restaurants in Pasadena are Perle in Old Town Pasadena, Bone Kettle for Southeast Asian fare, the lively Italian joint that is Union, and The Arbour.
- Living in Pasadena means having a calendar marked full of events and festivals. The Tournament of Roses (which includes the Rose Bowl game and Rose Parade) may be the most famous of Pasadena’s festivities, but the city has more to offer. They include AmericaFest, the Pasadena Chalk Festival, and Craftsman Weekend.
Real estate in Pasadena
Some say that Pasadena real estate perfectly shows the architectural history of Los Angeles. California bungalows and ranch homes, rare and beautiful Queen Anne-style estates, classic American Foursquares, and a colorful collection of period revival styles are just the tip of the iceberg.
Maximum Realty and Property Mgt. can help you step into the storied housing market of Pasadena. Contact us to learn more.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.